3.09.2008

Review

During our reviews on friday we discussed my project and its direction, and it seems like I'm basically on the right track. I think the two major concerns were the narrative that I want to explore as well as the sameness of the pods I was making.

Patrick suggested that I could make them in any shape I wanted really, and I think that makes a lot of sense. They don't necessarily need to be squares or cubes, and they certainly don't need to look the same all over. If my idea is that I want this building to react intelligently, then I'll need to let each pod play itself out in a smart way, and then work on making them breathe, heat, and do whatever else I need them to do.

My narrative came into question as well, but I kind of expected that, since I was really unsure of what I wanted to do with it. I knew that I wasn't building this for homeless people anymore, even though I had done some research on that. If this is going to work, the pods need to be inhabited by technologically savvy hackers so that the building can be wired and tinkered with during its operation.

I think my real question is who are these people? How many of them are there? Why are they living on the side of a building? These are all questions that I really want to consider and have a solid idea about, because when I start building, some of that character needs to come out in their pods.

I have a lot to think about now, but I think I'm on the proper track, there's just a lot of work ahead of me.

No comments: