3.23.2008

In the Woods

During my last crit with Patrick, we ended up scrapping the pod idea. He likened it to trailers, and I don't liken that, but he told me to check out an artist/architect named Lebbeus Woods. The way he works is that he chooses a single point and sort of organically grows some kind of structure off of it without any regard for property lines or the building's own architectural language. The results are extremely cool, and I really think that taking a similar direction would be in my best interests.
This one is my absolute favourite. I think that if I can accomplish anything even close to this, I can consider it a success. I'm not sure how I'll do it, but I'll figure it out.


I like this one because it looks like an AT/AT, and I'm a giant nerd... sorry...

I think that this image is more like my starting point for this term, where I was looking at in-between spaces for people to inhabit. This is just an alley where Woods has started playing with the structures to create a new space that exploits the buildings around it.

This is very Waterworld-esque, I think. I think that the use of fabric is really interesting in it, because it's a good, cheap, and effective way to cover a large area and create shade.

I'm actually excited for the first time in a long time, and I think this could get very interesting, very quickly.

No comments: