3.20.2008

Drawings and Details

I did a few drawings while I was working out my pods and details for my project during my model building.

This was what I used to determine which side I wanted each person to live on, based on my previous post about the narrative. While I was coming up with that idea, I was making this drawing, so that I could have a better idea of what context my building was in.
This is me starting to think about what kind of space is required for the workshop pod. This pod is essential because the people who live here are going to have to build things on their own, and they'll need a space that can sustain that type of activity. I don't like the curving brace on the outside of the pod, but I still haven't figured out a connection that I do like.

This is a plan for a "living pod". I'm not entirely sure how large I'll have to make them, but 8x12 seems to be pretty good, if a little tight. I'm trying to keep them as small as possible in order to keep them efficient. Less volume means less heating and cooling required.

This is a detail for a cockamamey (sp?) lift mechanism. I like the connections and gearing system, but I think this will be pretty tough to design properly. It's critical that the building have a few elevators, though, maybe not at this exact scale, but it does need them for vertical movement and access.

No comments: