3.13.2008

It's All Been Done Before...


Nigel sent me an e-mail a little while ago about something called the Backpack House. Basically, the Backpack House is a small, welded steel box that you can add to your apartment that's accessible through the window. You basically just bolt it to the side of the building and then use chains to hang attach it higher up. The idea is similar to mine, but different in a few ways. First of all, it's really just meant to be an extension outside the building, like a small room to have a studio in or something like that, it's not actually meant to be lived in on a regular basis like I intend mine to. Also, the chains at the top of the box preclude any other boxes being put up, which is kind of a shame, because it would be really cool to mount a bunch of different looking boxes all over your building, but this isn't the case, unfortunately.I think they look interesting, but I don't know if I'd want one hanging out of my apartment building. They're nice, but they're nice like a pug is cute, I think...

No comments: