3.10.2008

Model Makery

Lately I've been focused on making my substrate model for studio. Its been going pretty well, minus a few goofs, and I only have one side of it left to cut, which is pretty exciting.This is a picture of one of the connections. The other side simply slots into this piece and then they can't move. It's been working fairly well, but I am experiencing a few slight problems with it, but it seems quite fixable.
Here's a couple shots of the connection in action.





This is the part where I screwed up. I can't actually believe I did this, and I talked about it in my presentation, but it still bears repeating. Basically, when I got the first couple of pieces of the North facade cut, I realized that they were about an eighth of an inch too long, and the front wouldn't fit together unless I changed it. So in order to change it, I did what any logical person would do, I MADE IT BIGGER. Of course, this was completely idiotic and set me back pretty badly, because now each piece was a whole quarter of an inch too long, which really sucked. I've since rectified the problem, but my ego is still experiencing some pain from the bruising.
Here it is in its current state. I don't have the back so I have to use front pieces on the back as well, limiting me to just a few floors at a time. It's encouraging to see it all coming together, though, and I think I should be able to be finished the substrate model in only a few days, and then I can really go to town on this thing.

No comments: