11.18.2007

T Minus One Day

Thursday was mostly a frantic working day. I was still getting my floor panel all set up, but today there was a bit of a twist. At the end of the night (and a little bit this morning) Gregory had a bright idea and he was very excited about it. He thought that I should move my piece away from the center of the exhibition and put it near the entrance instead. Through his enthusiasm and sound reasoning, he convinced me, and so I did move it.

Here it is all set up in its new home. It took a long time to move it here, but I think it was the right decision.

Once I got everything ready in its new spot, I had to get the infrastructure ready so that the tile could be lighted properly. To do this, I had to put a dimmer box in the floor a few panels away, then put four lights (RGBB) into my own floor panel. I got the lights in and the dimmer as well, but Harry advised me to build a light box out of foamcore in order to stop the light from leaking out underneath the floor.Once all of this was set up, I had to run the cables from this box all the way across the room to where Harry had his computers set up. This was no easy task, and I had to attach the cable to a series of poles and try to feed it under the tiles. I couldn't do it all on my own, but luckily Dan was feeling spry and decided to help me out by crawling underneath the floor.

Whoa.


Once everything was set up, the testing began, and the whole thing started to come together visually. Unfortunately, I still didn't have my FM transmitters working, and I was still feeling pretty crappy about the whole thing. I had the switch and my tile set up, but no way to communicate and interface with any other projects yet.

No comments: