11.18.2007

Black Box Recap

I suppose I should finish what I started and tell you how the rest of the week in Montreal went. It was pretty exhausting, hence the extended (ill-advised?) break from not only blogging, but most things studio related.

After being the blogmaster on Tuesday with Shannon, I took a short jaunt to Addison's with JS, Shannon, Nigel, and Candace.
Addison was really cool, and had a ridiculous amount of crazy gadgetry. I could have spent a whole lot more time there, but I think everyone else had just about enough.
Case in point.

When we got back, it was working time again, and work we did. At the end of the previous day, I had my rotary switch suspended in the floor tile with a small light underneath it. This had a lot of problems, including the fact that the light I was using could most likely melt the whole thing in about an hour.

After a talk with Patrick and Xin Wei, we decided that it would be more beneficial to have my switch exposed, rather than hidden away. Here it is before it was lifted from the depths of the Black Box's concrete tile floor. You can see the light underneath, but the light was just not a feasible idea in the end.

Since I was no longer suspending the switch in the ground with strings, I had to come up with a way to hold it up over my tile. I managed to do this by borrowing some wire from Nigel and using shrink wrap on the connections. The thing held up nicely, which was cool, but that was the end of my day.

Of course, the whole thing was starting to come together a bit, and the whole environment was alive with motion and sound, and it was only Wednesday.

No comments: