10.21.2007

Motor Madness

Finally, blogger is letting me post images and movies.

On Saturday afternoon, I made a breakthrough in my struggle with the MOSFETs and Darlington transistors. Basically, I said to hell with them and started back at square one: the regular transistor. After three days of slaving over a breadboard, making crazy, complex circuits, I finally prevailed using the simplest circuit yet.That's it... Seriously, that's all it is. It's just the positive of the radio and the nine volt battery hooked up to the collector, the negative of the radio hooked into the base, and the ground from the motor hooked into the emitter. Now, when voltage is applied to the base, it allows the circuit to be connected in the motor, which is powered by a nine volt battery, amplifying my signal enough to cause movement in the motor.

It took three days of being frustrated to come up with this. KISS... Anyway, I finally figured it out, and here's a little video of the setup in its working form. The small green wire on the top was added so that you could actually see the movement in the motor, and won't be there later on.




That's my proof of concept, I suppose, now it's time to create some kind of rigging so that this motor can somehow cause my radio powered monster to scuttle around.

No comments: