1.13.2008

Final Build

Once I had my transmitter all ready to go (all eight of them!) it was time to get my device assembled. The laser cutting went really well, and I was quite happy with how all the pieces turned out, aside from one piece that I had to redo, because Patrick said it was too sci-fi. Fair enough, I suppose, I think it looked better after, too. And now... the pictures!

Once all of this was built, it was time for me to make a box for the machine to stand on. I was actually kind of mad about the box when it was done, because I went out and bought some really nice wood, and it cost quite a bit of money to make, too. The wood was warped all to hell, and the wood splintered if you even thought about putting a screw or nail in it. It was tough to put together, and I didn't like how it looked in the end, either. It looked okay, but I would have liked to stain it, but due to the extra time it took to clamp it together due to the warping, I didn't have time to darken the finish.





No comments: